Wednesday 27 June 2012

Lip balm review

Okay, so I'm kinda addicted to lip balms. I never go anywhere without them. But because I'm completely broke  all the lip balms I have are under £5.
Most of my current lip balms
I'd give the prices, but they all vary between shops, but most can be brought from Boots or Superdrug. But anyway, here's a short review. 
Okay so I was excited to use Burt's Bees but I was kinda disappointed. It doesn't really moisturize my lips very well and the tin one is actually  really hard to use. It is quite hard and next to impossible to even get out of the tin. Having said that, what I did like about the tin was that it was really minty and when I applied it, it cooled down my lips and I can't really describe the sensation but it was pretty awesome.
The Palmer's' one is quite moisturizing but it's too thick and left my lips all gungy with the stuff. 
I had high expectations of the simple lip balm because I use a lot of their products due to my sensitive skin and I'm impressed with them, but it wasn't very good. It might just be me being picky but it wasn't very effective and didn't last very long so I had to keep applying it.

Now Nivea is good and never disappoints. I took the original Nivea on holiday and it was awesome for soothing my lips when the were irritated from being in the sea. The milk and honey (shown above) is my favorite of all the Nivea's and it's nice and cheap. I'd definitely recommend this one.
I think The Body Shop gets hyped up a bit too much, but it's still good though. The one in the pot I don't like. It's not very effective and again it's too thick and leaves my lips all gungy with the stuff, but it smells AMAZING, especially the pink grapefruit one shown above. The aloe lip care one is better it's really thick but it absorbs slowly for long-lasting effective protection and moisture. Seriously, I'm not exaggerating when I say that I applied this at 11:00 this morning and it's now 5:10 and I'm still on the same coat. The only thing is that it's really sticky, so tie your hair back if it's windy! (Also this one is £6, but it was a gift so technically it was free).
Vaseline: an oldie but a goodie. Thick but not too thick and it's not sticky. It's effective but doesn't last very long, I like it though. Super cheap, again I'd recommend it.

Blistex is officially one of my favorite lip balm brands. They have really unique application tips and they are effective and long lasting. Lip massage (blue) is my favorite and maybe my favorite lip balm and it's under £3.  Soothing splash (grey) isn't as good I'm afraid. It's not so much a moisturizer but more to sooth irritated lips, but I'll admit that I was mainly draw to it because it was a roll-ball. But yeah, I'd recommend it.
Well that's most of my current lip balms. If anyone knows of anymore good lip balms to try in England for under £5 then please leave a comment.

Love Naomi xxx




2 comments:

  1. Try the Soft Lips in French Vanilla, I am totally obsessed with it at the mo and it's under £2!! Having said that I am majorly obsessed with all lip balms... may be a little bit of a problem ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, don't worry, I think it's a good thing to be obsessed with! Thanks for the recommendation, I'll definitely be trying this! :)xxx

    ReplyDelete