Saturday 18 August 2012

Dr Seuss

Okay first of all I never said that this blog was specifically a beauty blog okay? :)

Okay so I've been really into Dr Seuss at the moment. I just thunk his books are awesome. I never really liked them as a child because the illustrations creeped me out, everything's so fury! And the grinch scared me. My mum always used to read 'A Fly Went By' to me and my sister but it was such a long book! 
I'm not sure how I got back into it, I guess it was 'Horton Hears a Who' my mum tapped that film selling it to me by saying it was a Dr Seuss film starring Jim Carrey. I loved it. So of the quotes in it are awesome. Then a couple of weeks later my geography teacher let us watch 'The Lorax' (the old version) because it's about sustainable development. I thought it was amazing and went home and youtube searched his story. You can watch most of them. A few of my favorites are:

  • The famous Cat in the Hat
  • Green Eggs and Ham
  • Fox in Socks
  • The Sneeches
  • The Zax
So naturally I  was really excited when 'The Lorax' was released in the UK and last Wednesday I went to see it. It's AMAZING! Me and my friend were the only teenagers there but who cares?! I thought it was hilarious but apparently the little kids didn't agree! It's very true to the original and the book it's just extended. The Hummingfish were particularly awesome. I LOVE the soundtrack; I'm listening to the songs now actually. My favorite songs in order of preference are:
  • How bad can I be
  • Let it grow
  • Thneedville
I'd definitely recommend going to see it. Last Saturday at the charity shop where I work I found a Dr Seuss and brought it a a bargain price (£1.30 down from £19.99).

I was super excited about this because I've been looking for my two favorite stories 'Fox in Socks' and 'Green Eggs and Ham' for ages (I'm on a mission to learn Fox in Socks off by Heart!) And this book had them both and more!


Another reason I love Dr Seuss is because of the quotes and lessons. Read this (i found the from StumbleUpon so I don't know its official website sorry)

Haha awesome. So that's about it. You should go see the Lorax. See you soon.

Love Naomi xxx




3 comments:

  1. Memories!! Love the quotes images too x

    Currently hosting a giveaway which is set to end in just a few more days if you fancy a pair of galaxy print leggings!

    http://laurenjadem.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally going to see the Lorax, and I will be waaaaay older than the only teenager in the room ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha it won't matter. I'm a Once-ling and I'm proud!! xxx

    ReplyDelete